Eureka Expert Witness and Legal Consultant
Monty G. Myers - CEO / Founder Eureka Software Solutions, Inc.
- Currently active software industry executive with 30+ years of experience.
- Founder of Eureka Software Solutions, Inc. (“Eureka”). CEO of Eureka for 28 years.
- Involvement in all aspects of the daily management and operation of Eureka, including business development, contracts, customer relations, project scope, execution and oversight, strategy and management, hiring and finance. (See www.eurekasoft.com for additional information)
- Negotiated and performed hundreds of real-world software and technology contracts and statements of work involving complex software project and licensing terms and conditions including material intellectual property aspects.
- Actively engaged in handling and protecting the confidential, proprietary and trade secret information and technology of Eureka and its clients.
- For the last 7+ years has served as an expert witness for a balanced mix of plaintiffs and defendants in over 50 litigation matters ranging from billion dollar, landscape-changing lawsuits between worldwide industry leaders to smaller-scale litigation between individuals or local businesses.
Capabilities / Resources
- Computer and software expert witness experienced and proven at offering expert testimony under-oath at trial, hearings, and depositions.
- Extensive work with counsel in the taking and defending of depositions, reviewing and challenging the testimony of others, and assisting with and implementing an overall trial strategy.
- Adept at taking highly technical material and effectively communicating it to counsel, the judge or a jury in terms they can understand.
- Ready availability of Eureka’s experienced team of software developers and IT forensic specialists as needed to analyze or recreate relevant software or hardware platforms or scenarios.
- Regular use of proprietary and licensed tools and software to assist with code analysis and performance testing, load testing, data recovery and extraction, metadata review and management and e-discovery.
Practical Implementation of Expertise
- Review and comparison of software source code and functionality in relation to contractual commitments and requirements and/or protected intellectual property including, trade secrets, copyrights and patents.
- Computer/software forensics – able to reverse engineer and reconstruct hardware and software environments from backups, remnants and fragments of deprecated software. Eureka IT and Software development team is skilled at re-creating historical hardware and software environments.
- Investigation and assessment of software project bidding, planning and performance with particular attention to adequacy of discovery, specifications, cost estimates, schedules and deliverables.
- Functional and performance testing of software against applicable specifications, warranties or industry standards using proprietary and commercial testing tools and techniques.
- Evaluation and use of both traditional and modern software development techniques and strategies, including creative payment structures related to software application/effort valuation and intellectual property licensing and ownership.
- Reviewing and exercising software applications and IT networks to expose and correct security issues and weaknesses
Applicability of Expertise
- Patent Infringe/Non-infringement
- Patent Validity/Invalidity
- Computer/Software Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Software Intellectual Property (i.e. copyright, patents, trade secrets, derivative works)
- Computer/Software Forensics and Data Recovery
- Computer Software/ Programming
- Software Project Failure
- Computer/Software Technology & Strategy Mapping
- Software Testing
- Software Analysis & Development
- Software/Computer Contracts and Licenses
- Software Quality Analysis
- Software Project Estimating
- Software Schedule Delay & Analysis
- Software Outsourcing
- Software Source Code Comparison and Analysis
- New Computer/Software Product Development and Investigation
- Software Project Statement of Work and Specification Review
- Software Product Economic Life
- Information Technology Practices and Standards
- Electronic Due Diligence
- Software Proposals
- Software Development Methodologies and Standards
- Internet/Cloud Commerce and Security
- Dispute Resolutions
- Internet & Web Strategies
- Software Application Valuation & Appraisals
- Software Security
- Software Consultant Errors & Omissions
- Revenue Recognition Models
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Texas A&M University, Cum Laude
- Substantial graduate level course work at the University of Texas
Awards and Honors
- Multiple Regional Fastest Growing Company Awards
- Microsoft Outstanding Partner Awards