Eureka Software Scholarship
For Young Developers and Entrepreneurs
At Eureka Software, we are committed to providing educational opportunities to outstanding students with an aptitude for technology. We know young developer-entrepreneurs are out there. They’re building ecommerce sites, mobile apps, and everything in between. We want to reward one up-and-coming student with a scholarship to assist in covering the cost of their college education. Texas high school seniors who have built their own software-related product or app are invited to apply for a single $1,000 scholarship award.
About Eureka Software
We build software that matters.
Eureka’s story is a classic, spare bedroom, bootstrap start-up. In 1986, Monty G. Myers founded Eureka Software to focus on providing the absolute best software services available. We’ve built software products and business solutions for a client list including members of the Global 1000 and Fortune 500, notable private companies, as well as numerous startups.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Current high school seniors who are Texas residents
- Plan to enroll in an accredited U.S. college or university in the Fall semester following high school graduation
- Student must have built a working, unique product or app
- Letter of Recommendation must support that product or app was
- built by the student
GPA 3.0 and up — official high school transcript required
- Preference will be given to students planning to study software engineering, computer science, engineering, or other software/technology related major.
$1,000 check paid to university/college
June 30th, 2016
July 15th, 2016
September 1st, 2016
- Application form — name, address, university/college, major, etc.
- Essay — In 800 words or less, please describe your product or app, what problem it solves, and what inspired you to build it
- Link to repository with product information and history (ex. Github, Sourceforge, CodePlex, Etc.)
- Letter of Recommendation – Recommenders name, relationship to applicant, statement, signature, etc.
- Official high school transcript
- Additional information may be requested to verify that student built the product or app
- Download our Application Packet
- Email the completed application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2016 at 11:59 PM central time. Please include the subject line: Eureka Scholarship Application
- What is the amount of the scholarship?
- What is the application deadline?
- All scholarship application materials must be submitted by June 30, 2015 at 11:59 pm central time.
- Can I mail in my application?
- Yes. Mailed applications should be postmarked no later than June 30,2015.
- When will applicants be notified if they have been awarded the scholarship?
- All applicants will be notified of their application status by July 15, 2015.
- When will the scholarship check be mailed?
- The scholarship check will be mailed by September 1, 2015 to the applicant’s mailing address.
- Will the check be mailed to the student or school?
- The check will be mailed to the school. The student will need to send us their college or university’s financial aid office/billing office information, and we will coordinate with them to send the check directly.
- Is the scholarship renewable?
- No. A separate scholarship for continuing students may be established in 2016. Details are not yet available. Please check back with us in 2016.
- Can I submit a video instead of an essay?
- Yes, applicants may submit a video answering the essay question. Please provide the link to the video on the application, or you may submit the video on a flash drive if you prefer. The link must remain active and viewable by Eureka between June 30, 2015 and July 15, 2015. If submitted via flash drive, the drive will not be returned to the applicant. The applicant must answer all of the questions in the essay prompt and not be longer than 5 minutes. Keep in mind that production value will not be taken into account, only whether the applicant has answered the essay question thoroughly. Contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
- My school provides multiple GPA formats (core GPA, cumulative GPA, 5.0 GPA, etc.), which one is required for the scholarship application?
- Please provide a cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale. We will review transcripts to see individual grades for all coursework. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
- I built an app with my friend/parent/teacher, am I still eligible to apply for the scholarship?
- Yes, as long as the applicant was a principal programmer or developer in the project. Contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
- I built an app with my friend/parent/teacher, can one of them write my Letter of Recommendation?
- The Recommender should be someone who knows you well, preferably a teacher, mentor, or employer. They should also be able to describe your programming knowledge and skills as well as your involvement in the development of your product or app. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.