Software Expert Witness
Software Expert Witness and IP Litigation Consulting
Software Trade Secrets
Software trade secret litigation is a growing concern in a number of industries utilizing protected proprietary software. We have been on both sides of complex software trade secret and misappropriation cases.
- We are actively engaged in handling and protecting the confidential, proprietary and trade secret information and technology of Eureka and our clients.
- We understand the unique aspects of handling, protecting and identifying software trade secrets.
- We are experts in the comparison and distinction of software trade secrets from other materials including independently created or publicly available software materials.
Software patent litigation is complex. Our team of experts understands both the technical and legal implications of software patent infringement and the litigation process.
- We are skilled at recreating past software and hardware environments.
- We review and compare software code and functionality in relation to contractual commitments and requirements and/or protected intellectual property.
- We provide a substantially increased value to either the patent holder or the accused infringer when involved as a software expert witness early in the prior art and/or patent reexamination process.
Software Source Code Review
In many instances, software litigation centers around some aspect of the software source code. Eureka’s experts are highly skilled in dealing with code-based legal and technical issues.
- We have worked with and written complex software in virtually every known programming and coding language.
- We review and compare source code related to copyright infringement or other intellectual property misappropriation.
- We have extensive experience in the reconstruction of a prior art software system in patent infringement cases.
Software Contract Performance / Project Management
As active participants in the software development industry, the Eureka team has substantial insight and knowledge of software development and software project contracts.
- We compare deliverables to contract specifications, interpret software contract terms and descriptions, and analyze billings in relation to work product.
- We understand how software project contracts and projects are performed, managed and completed due to our ongoing software development and consulting business.
- We have negotiated and performed hundreds of real-world software and technology contracts involving complex software project and licensing terms and conditions.
There are many software license variations ranging from free, public domain open source to proprietary/trade secret on the ownership side, and these variations and combinations can make analyzing and understanding software licenses complex and challenging.
- We have reviewed, negotiated and analyzed hundreds, if not thousands, of software licenses in the course of over 35 years in the software industry and more than 14 years in the software expert witnessing field.
- We have years of experience working with the full range of software licensing models and types, allowing us to expertly/skillfully navigate, decipher and explain the intricacies of license structures and language and identify, analyze and assist with the licensing issues relevant to your situation.
Software forensics and data recovery require careful analysis and reconstruction of digital evidence.
- We are able to reverse engineer and reconstruct hardware and software environments from backups, remnants, and fragments of historical software.
- We have direct access to and familiarity with proprietary and licensed tools and software to assist with data recovery and extraction, metadata review and management, and e-discovery.
Why Choose Our Services
Eureka offers software expert witness services and litigation support utilizing the knowledge, experience and resources of its ongoing software development and consulting business. With three decades of hands-on experience in the computer, software and technology industries, Eureka provides an unparalleled understanding of nearly every facet and factor involved in a complex software or computer related litigation scenario.
Contact Us Today To Speak With An Expert
3305 Northland Drive
Austin, TX 78731
+1 (512) 459.9292
+1 (866) 936.9292
"I was very pleased with Eureka’s work and the zeal they brought to the task at hand, and would be pleased to speak with others who are contemplating engaging Eureka’s services should they call."
"Monty Myers and his team have been a key factor in my successful litigation of trade secrets cases...One of my favorite aspects of working with Monty’s team is that they delve deep enough, early enough, to help craft the parameters of the dispute."